Thursday, January 13, 2011

Twin Shadow live @ The Horseshoe Tavern Jan. 12, 2010


Been looking forward to seeing Twin Shadow live since their album Forget became my soundtrack for the winter.
Sometimes though, life has a way of getting in the way of plans. I had a family dinner that stretched to about 9:30 pm and i didn't get to the show till somewhere between 10:30 and 10:45, with the doors opening at 8:30 I was hopeful that Twin Shadow hadn't hit the stage yet.

Unfortunately, when i entered the sold out show, Twin Shadow was already a few songs into their set.

The band themselves were absolutely stellar. I wasn't sure what to expect but George Lewis, Jr. and his band played all their songs with much energy and perfection. The slower songs of Forget took on a new dance floor feel, while the faster ones became even more intense.

As for the crowd, well it wasn't as bad as say most Toronto crowds. People were definitely moving their butts but the size and layout of The Horseshoe Tavern restricted anyone from really letting loose let alone getting a good vantage point of the band.

All in all, the show just left me wanting more (although this is mostly own fault) and I hope they return very soon in a larger venue.

Rating: Pump-Action









Here's a video i took of them playing "Forget" a terrific winter anthem that's been keeping me warm lately.

1 comment: